DESCRIPTION OF CED-IADR AMBASSADOR’S ROLE:
1. Main mission is to spread the word about the CED-IADR organization and activities (e.g. congress, summer school, etc.) among researchers and students from their respective country or region. CED-IADR offers a unique set of opportunities for its members:
- Platform to present your own Research in an oral or poster presentation format
- Networking with your peers
- Junior & Senior CED-IADR Robert Frank Awards
- 'My first research' CED-IADR Awards
- CED-IADR Visiting Scholar Grants to conduct research abroad at an European center of excellence
- Yearly CED/PER-IADR Meeting Travel Awards
- IADR Unilever Hatton Divisional Award to attend the IADR-at-large meeting
- Free Access to JDR (Journal of Dental Research) online
- Online publication of CED-IADR abstracts
- New 'Clinical case report' posters for clinicians
- Low meeting registration fee for CED-IADR student members
- Reduced meeting registration fee
- State of the art symposia on diverse Oral Health related subjects
- Free CED-IADR Summer School (1 week)
Additionally, CED-IADR ambassadors are expected to encourage non-members to become CED-IADR member and so to benefit from belonging to the premier organization representing European Oral Health Research. The CED-IADR Ambassador may take the initiative to visit universities or attend other oral health congresses/events in their country to represent CED-IADR and to provide leaflets explaining and promoting the CED-IADR community and its activities.
2. Ambassadors could help and inform other CED-IADR members about:
- Membership renewal
- Registration for upcoming meetings
- Abstract submission and/or review
- Award & grant selection and helping with the application
- Addressing questions/problems and potentially transferring them to the CED-IADR Board
Having a CED-IADR Ambassador in each EU country enables each member to personally contact his/her Ambassador for any clarification using the respective country’s language. A list of the Ambassadors together with their country, spoken language and email address will be made available on the official CED-IADR site. In this way CED-IADR Ambassadors will be officially recognized for this function.
3. Ambassadors may help with the organization of a meeting, e.g. information session for members, chairing oral sessions, reviewing abstracts, setting up oral and poster sessions, contacting local companies for support, etc.; they may even help with specific tasks requested by the CED-IADR office.
Being a CED-IADR Ambassador will not exclude you from all activities of a member inside the CED-IADR, including the participation to the meetings, abstract submission, symposium lecturing, application for an award, chairing oral sessions, being part of the scientific committee and local committee, etc.