CED-IADR Summer School 2017
The ‘CED-IADR Summer School’ program aims to give young investigators the opportunity to learn new research techniques and to establish professional relations with other European researchers.
The first CED-IADR Summer School in Marseille, France (June 12-16, 2017) with 27 participants was a great achievement with success in many aspects, such as to gain theoretical knowledge and laboratory experience, and to network with your peers interested and active in the same research field.
This 1-week training course can only be followed by CED-IADR members.
During this course, participants had few theoretical lectures directly linked to understanding the investigation methods employed. The major and most important focus of the course was to give participants the possibility to practice research techniques by themselves with the idea of applying these investigation methods in their own research projects at their home university laboratories.
Registration for the CED-IADR Summer School was free of charge!
It is for CED-IADR members only.
Attendees had to cover their own housing/travel expenses.
- Prof. Dr. Imad About
- Dr. Thomas Giraud
- Dr. Charlotte Jeanneau
- Dr. Patrick Laurent
- Christina Hadjichristou
- Chloé Le Fournis
- Madison Bergmann
Welcoming the trainees & visit of the research lab facility
Lectures: Principles of tissue regeneration and presentation of the regeneration-related investigation methods.
- Pulp and desmodontal tissue isolation and culture methods.
- Entire tooth culture method.
- Toxicity of dental materials investigations in cell culture and in entire tooth cultures
- Evaluation of pulp reactions on stained tooth sections and preparation of tissue samples for histology, microtomy, and different staining methods.
- Pulp and periodontal stem cell isolation by magnetic cell sorting.
- Stem cell characterization: RT-PCR, Immunofluorescence.
- Stem cell recruitment methods: Boyden chambers, Modern Microfluidic Methods with chemotactic soluble factors, Dynamic Microfluidic Methods: culture of stem cells with other cell types